- Local Schools
- Board delays school calendar FULTON, Ill. -- The River Bend Board of Education has delayed approving next year's school calendar. In light of this year's extreme weather, which has already required the district to cancel six days of school, the board is looking into marking cer
- New courses added FULTON, Ill. -- Fulton High School will offer four new courses next school year. The River Bend Board of Education approved a proposal for the addition of four classes to the 2014-15 course descriptions during a meeting this week. An advanced placeme
- Northeast looks at new staffing plan CLINTON Superintendent Jim Cox said a current technology proposal could save the Northeast School District some money and create three new high school electives. Twin State Technical Services, of Davenport, currently provides the district with techn
- Acting out FULTON, Ill. -- The winter one-act plays will be held this weekend in Fulton. The Fulton High School Thespians will present the plays at 7 p.m. Saturday at the west auditorium. Two seniors and one junior will direct the three one-acts. The student di
- Student eyeing art for lunchroom CLINTON -- A Northeast sophomore is proposing a project to cover unsightly squares in the high school lunchroom with "eye-appealing" murals. Currently a boy scout with the "life rank," from Troop 626, Tanner Near is asking the Northeast Board of Educ
- Faulty detector brings fire department to high school CLINTON -- Clinton High School was evacuated Monday morning due to a faulty detector. The Clinton Fire Department was called to the school a few minutes after 11:30 a.m. for a report of a fire alarm. Lt. Nick Carlson confirmed the alarm was caused by
Ashford to lose nine positions
CLINTON — Bridgepoint Education is eliminating 117 positions nationwide, with a few reductions at Ashford University in Clinton.
BREAKING: Easton Valley Ballot Measures Pass
Both Easton Valley School District ballot measures from the Feb. 4 special election have passed according to unofficial results.
- Honor named after Fulton grad CLINTON -- Fulton High School graduate Jerry Woods has received a once-in-a-lifetime honor after a 59-year career in the field of concrete. Because of his dedication to the concrete and building trades industry, and his passion for teaching high scho
Clinton students keep busy during school break
CLINTON — Parents are breathing a sigh of relief today as students head back to school after being out for nearly three weeks because of winter vacation and weather-related school cancellations.
- More Local Schools Headlines