- Local Schools
- Board hesitates at early dismissals FULTON, Ill. -- The River Bend School District will see two additional early dismissal days in the 2013-14 school year to allow for necessary required training sessions for teachers in all three schools of the district. Administrative staff at Fulto
Willwerth named teacher of the semester
CLINTON -- Deb Willwerth, a kindergarten teacher at Eagle Heights Elementary School who, along with her team, is being awarded the Teacher of the Semester Award for Environmental Science.
- Clinton Community College President's List CLINTON -- Clinton Community College has announced the Summer 2013 President's List. Students must earn a minimum of 6 credit hours and 4.0 GPA during the term. Ames: Benjamin Hayford Bellevue: Brandi Johnson Burlington: Jared Cone Calamus: Russell K
- Smith, Friedrichsen earn seats on board GOOSE LAKE -- Voters in the Northeast School District elected two people with previous experience on to the board of education. "I guess experience won," candidate Erin Meyermann said. Meyermann lost the election with 79 votes, approximately 22.6 per
Srp, Dunn, McDonald elected to Camanche School Board
CAMANCHE -- The results are in and the three candidates elected to the Camanche School Board are Dan Srp, Mike Dunn and Larry McDonald.
Clinton School Board: 2 incumbents, 2 newcomers
CLINTON - After a hard fought race and a close final tally, two Clinton School Board candidates, one of them an incumbent, were disappointed after the results of Tuesday night’s elections did not sway in their favor.
Clinton School Board sets annual goals
CLINTON - Developing a marketing plan to recruit and retain students, securing future funding sources and increasing student achievement will be at the forefront of Clinton School Board members’ minds this school year.
Schools try new strategies to battle college drinking
The bars near the University of Virginia were packed on graduation day, seniors in billowing black gowns drinking away their final few hours before entering the real world. It was 7 a.m.
Service agency fair set
CLINTON -- Clinton Community College will host a Social Service Agency Information Fair at the school's auditorium this month. The event will be held from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 18.
- Fulton to increase safety by adding crossing guards FULTON, Ill. -- Ordinances approved by the Fulton City Council this week address the safety of students before and after school. A crossing guard ordinance approved Tuesday night will empower voluntary crossing guards to "direct, control and regulate
- More Local Schools Headlines