- Local Schools
All-class reunion: A walk down memory lane
CLINTON — Although Evelyn Biermann Haas and Joan Holcomb grew up together and live less than 50 miles apart, they haven't laid eyes on each other in half a century.
CHS sees increase in AP, college courses
CLINTON — Anna-Marie Black and Malika Usmanova both have doctorates in their sites. But the Clinton High School juniors know they won't get there by taking it easy, prompting them to take advantage of the rigorous courses their school offers.
CCC offers truck driving course
CLINTON -- American business moves by truck, and the demand for reliable drivers is always high. A truck driving course is now offered at Clinton Community College with a new class starting Monday, Sept. 8, at the CCC Technology Center.
- Local students graduate from Western Illinois MOLINE, Ill. -- More than 550 students earned academic degrees after the 2013 summer semester at Western Illinois University. This includes 68 students who earned academic degrees at the Quad-City campus. Bachelor's degrees were awarded to nearly 41
- Spring 2013 Dean's List DUBUQUE -- Loras College has announced the names of students who achieved Dean's List status for the 2013 spring semester. A student must earn a 3.5 grade point average and carry a minimum of 12 credit hours to be recognized. Iowa students and their
Squaring Off: Clinton School Board candidates participate in forum
CLINTON - The six candidates vying for a seat on the Clinton School Board pleaded their cases to area voters Wednesday during a school board forum, less than two weeks from school board elections Sept. 10. The forum was hosted by the City PTA and t
New Clinton Middle School progressing
CLINTON - The Clinton School Board on Monday approved $86,000 in change orders for the new middle school project, which the project engineer told members is a few weeks behind schedule.
CHS all-class reunion slated
CLINTON -- A weekend full of River Kings and Queens spirit will start next weekend as Clinton High School alumni gather for the first all-class reunion.
- Camanche acts on personnel measures, renews preschool agreement CAMANCHE -- Into the second week of the new school year, the Camanche Board of Education took care of annual business. The first day of school was Aug. 13. Monday night, principals reported 338 students in the high school, 330 in the middle school an
Aim to increase personal growth increase eyed
CLINTON — While only two of Clinton’s schools met a federal standard for proficiency in 2012, district officials are highlighting other successes as they look at more than just No Child Left Behind Act standards to define student achievement.
- More Local Schools Headlines
- All-class reunion: A walk down memory lane