ERIE, Ill. —
Wildcats aren't champs but we're all still watching Calipari
Kentucky coach John Calipari is a college basketball phenom for his ability to knit together championship-caliber teams of freshmen. How long will Calipari's success last as other coaches catch on?
- Bubba more than local hero? AUGUSTA, Ga. -- He plays a sexy game of golf, owns two green jackets and -- in what constitutes a show of major respect in these parts --Bubba Watson made rabid Georgia Bulldog fans take a break from spring football to watch some golf this weekend. A
- Blackhawks set for title defense CHICAGO -- Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane had time to heal. Now, they're ready to launch a title defense. The Chicago Blackhawks have their stars back and their sights set on a second straight Stanley Cup as they head into the playoffs with a first-
- Noah leads Bulls past Magic CHICAGO -- There's just one game remaining in the NBA regular season and the playoffs begin Saturday. The Chicago Bulls still don't know their first-round opponent, but that's fine with Joakim Noah. "Whatever happens, happens," Noah said after the Bu
- Rebels 4th at Beckman DYERSVILLE -- Northeast's boys and girls track teams each placed fourth Friday at the Beckman Invitational. The girls team finished with 115 points, while the boys scored 87. The highlight for the boys was Eli Kaczinski's school-record performance in
- Gateway to Octagon CLINTON -- Todd Monaghan isn't the type who most would consider a fighter, but that's exactly what his next mission is. Monaghan, a Clinton native, will compete in Fox Sports 1's latest edition of The Ultimate Fighter, which begins Wednesday at 9 p.m
- Maybe Thibodeau was right not to call race early Derrick Rose was already lost for the season, the Brooklyn Nets were playing like $180 million busts and nobody else looked like a real challenger. So when Miami and Indiana met for the first time on Dec. 10 and the game was hyped as an Eastern Confe
- Clinton hammered in road-trip opener DAYTON, Ohio -- Gloomy skies, gloomy performance. The Clinton LumberKings began a six-game road trip Monday night against the Midwest League Eastern Division-leading Dayton Dragons with a 13-5 loss. The Dragons scored two runs in the first inning and
Tonight's CHS soccer match postponed
The Clinton High School boys' soccer match against West Liberty scheduled for tonight has been postponed. The match is rescheduled for April 25 at Clinton High School starting at 5:00 p.m.
- Morrison drops 2 to Byron MORRISON, Ill. -- Morrison tried to grab two wins at home against Byron, but the Mustangs didn't have the day they were dreaming, losing both games. Morrison dropped the doubleheader by scores of 12-4 and 11-4. Brock Smith went 3-for-3 in the opener.
- More Sports Headlines
- Wildcats aren't champs but we're all still watching Calipari