Rutgers fired basketball coach Mike Rice on Wednesday after a videotape aired showing him shoving, grabbing and throwing balls at players in practice and using gay slurs during practice.
Players relent, agree to play for reinstated football coach
Minnesota State University-Mankato's football team has ended its boycott of reinstated head coach Todd Hoffner, who successfully fought child pornography charges and other misconduct accusations that removed him from the job for 20 months.
Hoffner said he assured the players, who refused to take the practice field Wednesday, that interim coach Aaron Keen, who led the team in Hoffner's absence, will continue in a major role with the team.
- Morrison wins twinbill at Fulton FULTON, Ill. -- As Fulton baseball coach Kyle Miller put it after losing both games to Morrison on Monday, the losses were tough to swallow, but all the Steamers could do afterward was tip their hats toward the Mustangs. Morrison won 1-0, then 11-4
- Irish's Evers second CLINTON -- Conner Evers pulled out his go-to motivation when struggling on the golf course. Not anything in his bag particularly, but a small booklet of pick-me-up quotes. He picked the right one, because Evers, a junior for Prince of Peace, finished
- Kings' DeCarlo has another big late hit CLINTON -- In a game that went back and forth, Clinton ended with the last laugh. Clinton (9-7) defeated Quad Cities 7-6 on Monday at Ashford University Field, thanks to an eighth inning that saw a hit batsmen and an RBI double to extend its winning
- Fillies take control vs. Fulton FULTON, Ill. -- While Fulton's softball team is figuring out the small things, Morrison is continuing its tear across the Three Rivers Conference. Morrison continued its dominant season Monday by defeating Fulton 9-0. Morrison scored in five of the s
- Game 1 slips away from Bulls CHICAGO -- Nene started thinking about how it would all unfold in the middle of the night. No way could he have scripted it any better than this. Nene dominated with 24 points, Trevor Ariza scored 18 and the Washington Wizards rallied from 13 down to
- MARATHON WATCH: Silence, then exultation in Boston
- Reds' two-out runs too much for Cubs CHICAGO -- Carlos Villanueva had a better start than his last appearance. He just couldn't finish off innings that left him with a similar outcome. Villanueva (1-4) was tagged for five runs -- all with two outs in the fourth and fifth innings -- and
- Saints swept in home finale CLINTON - For the final time this year, the Ashford University baseball team took to the friendly confines of Ashford University Field. The results weren't so friendly, though. In a doubleheader dominated by pitching, Mount Mercy swept the Saints on
- White Sox end skid in style ARLINGTON, Texas -- Chicago White Sox manager Robin Ventura succinctly and aptly described the series finale at Texas. "It's an odd game," Ventura said after the 16-2 victory Sunday that ended Chicago's four-game losing streak. There was the bases-lo
- More Sports Headlines
- Players relent, agree to play for reinstated football coach