The Clinton Herald's Friday Night Football season coverage continues tonight with key area matchups including live coverage of Clinton, Fulton, Camanche, Northeast and more.
Each football season we work to bring you the coverage and updates you want to see on the teams you love most.
This year we're expanding our offerings and have some new features we're excited to roll out. We invite you to join us tonight, and every Friday, from your favorite device--computer, phone or tablet--for live updates on all the local action.
As always, see Saturday's edition of the Herald for follow-up stories or visit clintonherald.com/sports.
Receive quarterly score updates on your cell phone with our text alerts messaging system. It's free and easy to sign up. Click the link below to register and check the box next to "Friday Night Football" under "Local Sports News & Scores" to receive all the updates.
Listen live via KROS
Listen to Clinton High School's games streamed live by KROS.
Social media updates
This year we created a sports-only Twitter account to give fans a place to find stories, scores and special info on area teams. Not only do we share all our updates, but also relevant updates from area sources to provide comprehensive coverage that is easily accessible from anywhere. Just like our text alerts, Twitter users can opt-in to receive Twitter updates via text message, making it easy to follow all the action in one place.
We will also be posting quarterly updates on our Facebook page and invite you to interact with us throughout the evening.
Live sports stream
No matter what kind of device you use, you will always find all our updates on ClintonHerald.com. This year we also created a new Herald Sports Stream, a place where everything we share is collected, including tweets, videos, photos and stories. It is accessible through ClintonHerald.com and viewable on any device.
- River Hawks win triangular CLINTON -- Cration Andresen claimed medalist honors and teammate Logan Wilhelm took second Thursday as they led Easton Valley to first place at a boys golf triangular hosted by Camanche at The Oaks Golf Course. Easton Valley finished with a 190-strok
- White Sox whipped by Texas Rangers ARLINGTON, Texas -- Martin Perez turned toward first base, waiting for the call he hoped was coming. When the umpire's arm went up signaling a strikeout on Dayan Viciedo's check-swing with a full count, the young Texas Rangers left-hander pumped his
- L'Kings keep Hot Rods cold BOWLING GREEN, Ky. -- There's nothing like jumping on a team when it's down, and the Clinton LumberKings did just that Friday night. For the second night in a row, the LumberKings used a five-run inning to take a victory at Bowling Green Ballpark, th
- Saints split on the road CEDAR RAPIDS -- Ashford split a pair of lopsided softball games on the road Friday. The Saints beat Mount Mercy 14-2 in the first game of the doubleheader, but the Mustangs came back to take the second game 9-1 in five innings. Special to the Herald
- Cubs drop fifth straight CHICAGO -- Jeff Samardzija has had a hard time finding run support this season. The same could be said for all Chicago Cubs' pitchers. First, the good news: Chicago managed to break a 24-inning scoreless streak. And then, the usual dose of bad news:
- HIGH SCHOOL BASEBALL Hall halts Steamers FULTON, Ill. -- Fulton knew it had its hands full heading into Friday's baseball game against Hall. After all, the Red Devils entered the game with an 8-1 record, and they had momentum after blanking Rockridge the day before. Fulton fell to Hall 5-2
- Shutout gives Ashford split CLINTON - Kevin Delzell's strong pitching helped Ashford come away with a split as it began its final home weekend of the season with a split against Clarke in college baseball Friday afternoon at Ashford University Field. Ashford got a strong pitchi
- Blackhawks start blue in Cup defense ST. LOUIS -- The St. Louis Blues went the distance, and then some, to get the jump on the defending Stanley Cup champions. Alexander Steen scored at 26 seconds of the third overtime to cap the longest playoff game in franchise history and give the Bl
- River Kings light up the Day DAVENPORT -- Clinton continued its strong season in boys track and field, taking first place Thursday at the Jesse Day Relays on the final day of qualifying for the Drake Relays. The River Kings scored 138 points. Solon edged Davenport Central 120-11
- Clinton tennis splits with Muscatine CLINTON -- The Clinton tennis team faced Muscatine at Max Lynn Tennis Complex on Thursday where it was a tale of two duals. The girls' team won 9-0 over the Muskies while the River Kings fell 8-1. Queens sail in sweep In the six singles matches, not
- More Sports Headlines