Queens Classic: Brainerd lifts Sabers past Queens
CLINTON — Falling behind 11-4 in the first quarter, the River Queens managed to hold off Central DeWitt's attack in the second, trailing 18-12 at halftime. Then, Amanda Brainerd awoke, and in the words of Clinton coach Mike Halac, "took over the game
Monique Harris is Herald's volleyball player of the year
Every sport carries with it some competitive drama, spectacle and players who perform well enough to stand out.
- Board OKs wrestling pact GOOSE LAKE -- The Northeast School District has officially supported a joint wrestling agreement with Easton Valley School District. During Tuesday night's meeting, Northeast Superintendent Jim Cox said he wanted the board to let it be known that the
- NASCAR buys Iowa Speedway east of Des Moines
- Football: Herald All-Area First Team
- Milem is Clinton Herald's Coach of the Year
- Football: The Herald Players of the Year are...
Shutdown D keys Fulton win at Tip-Off
Focus and execution led to a more decisive win for the Steamers in the second game of the Orion Tip-Off Classic Tuesday night.
- Ernst named all-state DES MOINES - Drew Schroeder of Central DeWitt and Cory Wirth of Maquoketa each earned first-team honors in Class 3A, and Clinton's Brady Ernst, Camanche's Derek Harksen, Central DeWitt's Jake Kagemann, Easton Valley's Andrew Driscoll and Chase Zaruba
- Steamers out-charge Chargers ORION, Ill. -- Fulton started off its 2013-14 season with high intensity, meeting up with the Orion Chargers in the first game of the Orion Tip-Off Classic on Monday night. The Steamers took control in the third quarter, preying on the Chargers' high
- More Sports Headlines
- Queens Classic: Brainerd lifts Sabers past Queens