Bubba Watson wins another green jacket at Augusta
One of golf's most exciting players squeezed most of the drama out of the Masters on Sunday. That's just fine with Bubba Watson.
All he cared about was slipping into that green jacket.
Instead of hitting a 40-yard hook out of a forest of Georgia pines — the signature shot in his playoff victory two years ago — the final act Sunday at Augusta National took place on the 18th green. Watson had a three-shot lead and consulted with his caddie on a 15-foot birdie putt.
Spieth, Watson tied for lead at the Masters
In a Masters longing for star power, 20-year-old Jordan Spieth put himself atop the leaderboard and 18 holes away from replacing Tiger Woods as the youngest player with a green jacket.
Spieth kept his poise on a lightning-quick Augusta National on Saturday with a 2-under 70 that gave him a share of the lead with error-prone Bubba Watson going into a final round loaded with possibilities.
Watson started the third round with a three-shot lead. After a chaotic day in which five players had at least a share of the lead at some point, this Masters is as wide open as when it started.
Queens break through against Northeast defense
Clinton scored two quick goals late in the second half to secure a 3-0 win against Northeast on Friday in girls soccer.
Strong second half leads Kings to 5-0 soccer win
Clinton scored five goals in the second half to beat Northeast 5-0 on Friday in boys soccer.
- Cubs win extra inning chess match ST. LOUIS -- Welington Castillo hit a three-run homer in the 11th inning off closer Trevor Rosenthal, who struck out with an unusual chance to win it, and the Chicago Cubs beat the St. Louis Cardinals 6-3 on Friday night. The Cardinals had runners o
- Late goal seals win for Queens CLINTON -- Hannah Dehner and her Clinton High girls soccer teammates figured it was just a matter of time before they broke through with some insurance goals. While one of the Clinton co-coaches said it probably was good for the River Queens to play
- LumberKings winthird straight game CLINTON -- A new team came to town, but the result was the same, as Clinton took down the Fort Wayne TinCaps, the third consecutive victory for the LumberKings in Midwest League baseball Friday night. A night after setting a season high with 14 hits,
- Six seniors announce college plans GOOSE LAKE -- Students, parents and fans all came out of the warm Friday sunshine to pack the Northeast Fine Arts Center and celebrate the college commitments of six student-athletes. The six colleges represented by the half-dozen students are three
- Kings win title at Dunsworth Relays DAVENPORT -- Deshond Robinson anchored the winning 1,600-meter relay, and that victory gave Clinton the margin of victory as it won the title at the Ira Dunsworth Relays in boys track and field Thursday night. It was the first time Clinton had won th
- Clinton tops Northeast 5-0 CLINTON -- The Northeast boys soccer team has some youth, but it hung around with Clinton for the first half. Then, the flood gates opened in the second half as the River Kings defeated the Rebels 5-0. "We controlled the game from the outset, winnin
- More Sports Headlines
- Bubba Watson wins another green jacket at Augusta