- Late goal seals win for Queens CLINTON -- Hannah Dehner and her Clinton High girls soccer teammates figured it was just a matter of time before they broke through with some insurance goals. While one of the Clinton co-coaches said it probably was good for the River Queens to play
- LumberKings winthird straight game CLINTON -- A new team came to town, but the result was the same, as Clinton took down the Fort Wayne TinCaps, the third consecutive victory for the LumberKings in Midwest League baseball Friday night. A night after setting a season high with 14 hits,
- Six seniors announce college plans GOOSE LAKE -- Students, parents and fans all came out of the warm Friday sunshine to pack the Northeast Fine Arts Center and celebrate the college commitments of six student-athletes. The six colleges represented by the half-dozen students are three
- Kings win title at Dunsworth Relays DAVENPORT -- Deshond Robinson anchored the winning 1,600-meter relay, and that victory gave Clinton the margin of victory as it won the title at the Ira Dunsworth Relays in boys track and field Thursday night. It was the first time Clinton had won th
- Clinton tops Northeast 5-0 CLINTON -- The Northeast boys soccer team has some youth, but it hung around with Clinton for the first half. Then, the flood gates opened in the second half as the River Kings defeated the Rebels 5-0. "We controlled the game from the outset, winnin
- Morrison posts 17 on Riverdale PORT BYRON, Ill. -- Morrison once again took care of business on Thursday as they blew out Riverdale 17-0 in five innings. Chelsea Eads and Lauren Rice each hit a home run in the contest, while Eads and three others had extra base hits. The Fillies (
Six Northeast seniors announce college plans
Six Northeast seniors announced future plans that including playing sports at the collegiate level.
Fired coach unjustly accused of visiting porn sites
The president of Minnesota State University-Mankato accused a football coach of looking at Internet porn on a work computer before firing him, an arbitrator has revealed. The official said the claim could not be supported, and the coach shouldn't have been fired.
Big win for college coach wrongly accused of child porn
The ex-coach of Minnesota State University-Mankato - cleared on child porn charges - gets his old job back or could take the difference in pay should he decide to stay in a new position in North Dakota, an arbitrator has ruled. Todd Hoffner was accused when a technician found videos of his young children on his school-issued cellphone. Officials in Mankato fired him even though a judge had thrown out the charges.
- Pirates push past the Cubs late CHICAGO -- Pedro Alvarez stepped to the plate ready to strike in a big spot. Once again, he delivered. Alvarez hit a three-run homer to cap a five-run seventh inning and Jason Grilli retired Emilio Bonifacio on a bases-loaded grounder to end the game
- More Sports Headlines