- Big Ten football Trophy, first league win at stake for Illinois, Purdue WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. -- The Big Ten season hasn't been anything to brag about for Illinois and Purdue. The Boilermakers haven't won since the season-opener. The Fighting Illini have lost six straight games in the Big Ten. Somebody's lengthy losing st
- Late goals lift Saints in postseason CLINTON - With time ticking down and its season close to ending, the Ashford University men's soccer team was singing the blues. By the end of the afternoon, the Saints were singing "Sweet Home Alabama" in front of their home fans for the second year
- Queens are young, but experienced CLINTON -- When he scans his roster, Clinton High girls basketball coach Mike Halac sees lots of freshmen and sophomores. But that doesn't concern him as much as it might some coaches in the same situation. "We're still young, but we're young with ex
- Big Ten football Iowa gets another crack at Michigan IOWA CITY -- Perhaps the lowest point of Iowa's disastrous 2012 season came at Michigan, where the Wolverines handed the Hawkeyes their biggest loss in five years. Iowa gets another shot at Michigan today, a chance to show the rest of the Big Ten how
Girls basketball: Cardinals move to 3-1
Erie used a balanced attack to beat Rockridge 36-29 on Friday for its third consecutive win in high school girls basketball.
Saints advance to tourney final
Ashford defeated Presentation on Friday to advance to the championship of the Moody Bible Institute Tournament in men's basketball.
- Nuggets pull away to defeat Bulls DENVER -- Once Nate Robinson stopped worrying about missing shots, he started making them, and the timing couldn't have been better. Robinson and Jordan Hamilton each hit back-to-back 3-pointers to start the fourth quarter, helping the Denver Nuggets
- Hawks' Hossa returns, scores winner WINNIPEG, Manitoba -- Jonathan Toews especially enjoyed this trip home. Toews had a goal and three assists, leading the Chicago Blackhawks to a 6-3 victory over the Winnipeg Jets on Thursday. "It felt good, I'm not going to lie," the Blackhawks capta
- Hogan rallies Dons to title CEDAR FALLS -- Do-it-all quarterback Jake Hogan scored on a 1-yard run with 1 minute, 13 seconds left Thursday to give Gilbertville Don Bosco an 18-14 victory over Exira-EHK and the eight-player state championship in Iowa high school football at the
Football: Indian, Rebels honored
GOOSE LAKE -- Three players from Northeast High School and Chod Gilbert from Camanche earned first-team all-district football honors in Class 2A District 4. Senior Tevin Stoecker, junior Nick Wall and sophomore Will Hasken received the designation fo
- More Sports Headlines