- Sabers, Cardinals meet Thursday DEWITT -- The Central DeWitt Sabers and Maquoketa Cardinals are poised to meet for a third time Thursday after winning in Class 3A postseason tournament action Monday. DeWitt won its game over Anamosa 53-34, while Maquoketa defeated Davenport Assump
- Prophets advance to final four MONMOUTH, Ill. -- There's little Don Robinson hasn't accomplished during his 37 years as Prophetstown girls basketball coach. But he added one major milestone to is resume Monday night. The Prophets defeated El Paso-Gridley 58-48 to win the Illinois
- Clinton ousted at home CLINTON -- Once the playoffs roll around, throw win-loss records out the window. Cedar Rapids Washington, which entered Monday's Class 4A substate quarterfinal with just five wins, came into Yourd Gym and defeated Clinton 69-58. "If you watched tha
- Carrier is a state champ DES MOINES -- Shelby Carrier knew her scores were good, and she was feeling good as the top 10 finishers were announced Monday at the Iowa Class 1A girls bowling state tournament. The feeling kept getting better. "I felt like I had done good enough t
No. 1 City High derails Queens
Facing an unbeaten and No. 1-ranked opponent in the postseason is never an easy task. And Iowa City High certainly didn’t take it easy on Clinton on Saturday night.
Kings claim pair of 4ths
Losing doesn't sit well with Hunter Genco. But even he couldn't help but force a chuckle after coming out on the short end in the final match of his high school career.
- Ernst makes return on senior night CLINTON -- Brady Ernst wasn't ready to call it a season quite yet. The Clinton junior sat out six games because of a hand injury but started on senior night against Muscatine in a 54-36 boys basketball win Friday. Ernst scored 14 points along with 11
- Genco, Caldwell rebound with wins DES MOINES -- Losing in Friday's quarterfinals definitely took an emotional toll on Clinton wrestlers Hunter Genco and Alex Caldwell. But, you would never know it by the way they responded at the Iowa Class 3A state tournament at Wells Fargo Arena. B
- Trip to state tournament benefits Indians DES MOINES -- Brice Everson was eliminated from competition Friday at the Iowa Class 2A wrestling state tournament, but Camanche coach Brent Carstensen said having his sophomore make it to the second day was a positive step for Everson and the progra
- Prophetstown gets by Byron AURORA, Ill. -- Leave it to Clare Kramer to save the day for Prophetstown. Kramer hit a last-second layup to beat Byron 55-53 in the Class 2A Aurora Christian sectional final. Prophetstown had a decent lead at the half, 27-19, but the Tigers clawed
- More Sports Headlines