- Sports Digest Iowa State suspends Nader AMES (AP) -- Iowa State University has suspended Abdel Nader from the basketball team after his arrest on suspicion of drunken driving over the weekend. Iowa State University police arrested Nader around 11:40 p.m. Saturday
- Knicks end Bulls' streak at 7 wins NEW YORK (AP) -- In nearly 800 NBA regular-games, Carmelo Anthony had never played in one like this. It didn't matter. Eliminated from postseason contention for the first time in his 11-year career, Anthony said it was tough even coming to the arena
- Saints split vs. AIB DES MOINES - Ashford split with AIB College of Business and Mother Nature over the weekend, with each of the three coming out on top once. After dropping the opening game of Saturday's baseball doubleheader 4-1, the Saints outlasted the Eagles in the
- Ramirez homers to lift White Sox CHICAGO (AP) -- Alexei Ramirez came up to the plate, ready to swing. Ramirez hit a two-run home run on the first pitch he saw from John Axford in the ninth inning, rallying the Chicago White Sox over the Cleveland Indians 4-3 on a rainy Sunday. "Ever
- Mistakes hurt LumberKings CLINTON -- A picture perfect day for baseball didn't end up that way for the Clinton LumberKings, who fell to the visiting Fort Wayne TinCaps 6-4 in 11 innings on Saturday at Ashford University Field. Sunday's finale to the six-game homestand was ra
- Camanche 6th at Tipton TIPTON -- Derek Harksen picked up two more victories in the sprints to lead Camanche on Thursday at the Tipton Invitational. Harksen won the 200 meters in 22.65 seconds and the 400 in 50.37. The latter had a margin of victory of 2.73 seconds over Nic
- Wacha, Carpenter lead Cards by Cubs ST. LOUIS -- Michael Wacha doesn't mind a little bad weather. Wacha had to wait out yet another lengthy rain delay, Matt Carpenter drove in three runs and the St. Louis Cardinals beat the Chicago Cubs 6-4 on Sunday. St. Louis took two of three from t
Bubba Watson wins another green jacket at Augusta
One of golf's most exciting players squeezed most of the drama out of the Masters on Sunday. That's just fine with Bubba Watson.
All he cared about was slipping into that green jacket.
Instead of hitting a 40-yard hook out of a forest of Georgia pines — the signature shot in his playoff victory two years ago — the final act Sunday at Augusta National took place on the 18th green. Watson had a three-shot lead and consulted with his caddie on a 15-foot birdie putt.
Spieth, Watson tied for lead at the Masters
In a Masters longing for star power, 20-year-old Jordan Spieth put himself atop the leaderboard and 18 holes away from replacing Tiger Woods as the youngest player with a green jacket.
Spieth kept his poise on a lightning-quick Augusta National on Saturday with a 2-under 70 that gave him a share of the lead with error-prone Bubba Watson going into a final round loaded with possibilities.
Watson started the third round with a three-shot lead. After a chaotic day in which five players had at least a share of the lead at some point, this Masters is as wide open as when it started.
Queens break through against Northeast defense
Clinton scored two quick goals late in the second half to secure a 3-0 win against Northeast on Friday in girls soccer.
- More Sports Headlines