- Panthers take 2 from Byron BYRON, Ill. -- Erie/Prophetstown posted a total of 16 runs Saturday in its softball doubleheader sweep against Byron. The Panthers won the first game 5-1, then followed up by taking the second game 11-6. Kylie Ackerman threw all seven innings in Game
- Camanche dominates in the doubles DAVENPORT -- Camanche showed its strength in doubles Saturday by claiming the top two spots at the Davenport Assumption Invitational girls tennis meet. The 1-2 finish led the Indians to the team title. Top seeds Kylie Vogel and Lindsey Grams, the 201
- Sports Digest Iowa State suspends Nader AMES (AP) -- Iowa State University has suspended Abdel Nader from the basketball team after his arrest on suspicion of drunken driving over the weekend. Iowa State University police arrested Nader around 11:40 p.m. Saturday
- Knicks end Bulls' streak at 7 wins NEW YORK (AP) -- In nearly 800 NBA regular-games, Carmelo Anthony had never played in one like this. It didn't matter. Eliminated from postseason contention for the first time in his 11-year career, Anthony said it was tough even coming to the arena
- Saints split vs. AIB DES MOINES - Ashford split with AIB College of Business and Mother Nature over the weekend, with each of the three coming out on top once. After dropping the opening game of Saturday's baseball doubleheader 4-1, the Saints outlasted the Eagles in the
- Ramirez homers to lift White Sox CHICAGO (AP) -- Alexei Ramirez came up to the plate, ready to swing. Ramirez hit a two-run home run on the first pitch he saw from John Axford in the ninth inning, rallying the Chicago White Sox over the Cleveland Indians 4-3 on a rainy Sunday. "Ever
- Mistakes hurt LumberKings CLINTON -- A picture perfect day for baseball didn't end up that way for the Clinton LumberKings, who fell to the visiting Fort Wayne TinCaps 6-4 in 11 innings on Saturday at Ashford University Field. Sunday's finale to the six-game homestand was ra
- Camanche 6th at Tipton TIPTON -- Derek Harksen picked up two more victories in the sprints to lead Camanche on Thursday at the Tipton Invitational. Harksen won the 200 meters in 22.65 seconds and the 400 in 50.37. The latter had a margin of victory of 2.73 seconds over Nic
- Wacha, Carpenter lead Cards by Cubs ST. LOUIS -- Michael Wacha doesn't mind a little bad weather. Wacha had to wait out yet another lengthy rain delay, Matt Carpenter drove in three runs and the St. Louis Cardinals beat the Chicago Cubs 6-4 on Sunday. St. Louis took two of three from t
Bubba Watson wins another green jacket at Augusta
One of golf's most exciting players squeezed most of the drama out of the Masters on Sunday. That's just fine with Bubba Watson.
All he cared about was slipping into that green jacket.
Instead of hitting a 40-yard hook out of a forest of Georgia pines — the signature shot in his playoff victory two years ago — the final act Sunday at Augusta National took place on the 18th green. Watson had a three-shot lead and consulted with his caddie on a 15-foot birdie putt.
- More Sports Headlines