- State News
RAGBRAI rider dies in northern Iowa
A participant in an annual bicycle ride across Iowa has died due to a medical condition.
Report: More Illinois children living in poverty
The number of Illinois children living in areas of high poverty has increased by about a third since 2000, according to a report released Tuesday.
Democrat Jack Hatch has $183,000 in campaign fund
Democrat Jack Hatch said Monday he has just $183,000 in his campaign chest, a pittance compared to the $4 million amassed by Republican Gov. Terry Branstad.
Dad, daughter charged in Davenport bank robbery
A 45-year-old Davenport man and his daughter have been charged with robbing a Davenport bank branch.
Mackenzie heads to Oregon
An Iowa man who was convicted of growing marijuana is heading to Oregon to purchase the drug legally.
Jailer says he lied about affair with slain woman
An Iowa man says he falsely denied having an affair with a pregnant coworker days after she was killed but that he had nothing to do with her slaying.
- USDA: Illinois corn, soybean faring well SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (AP) — The U.S. Department of Agriculture says Illinois’ corn crop is maturing faster than normal and faring well.The USDA said in its weekly crop-status update that 81 percent of the state’s corn is rated as either good or excellen
- Regional Education Office consolidation not easy SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (AP) — With 11 months to go until deadline, Illinois officials are still working out the details of upcoming mergers of Regional Offices of Education around the state.The State Board of Education approved a new map last fall cutting
- Ash borer confirmed in Muscatine County DES MOINES (AP) — A beetle that destroys ash trees has been confirmed in Muscatine County, making it the 11th county in Iowa to have an infestation of the emerald ash borer.The Iowa Department of Natural Resources says a larva collected in Muscatine
Hatch blasts Branstad for nixing $1M solar grant
Iowa Democratic gubernatorial candidate Jack Hatch says Gov. Terry Branstad's decision to return a $1 million solar energy grant shows that utility companies are calling the shots in his administration.
- More State News Headlines
- RAGBRAI rider dies in northern Iowa