• The Clintonish Knitters meet from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. every Thursday and from 9 a.m. to noon every Saturday at St. Paul Lutheran Church.
• The 37th annual Great American Smoke-out will be recognized this year on Thursday. To recognize the smoke-out this year, the Breathe Easy Tobacco Control Coalition is planning two community “quit clinics.” These quit clinics last one hour and they mimic the Fresh Start cessation program that is put out by the American Lung Association. These clinics are free and will be facilitated by Jennifer Gerdes, certified prevention specialist for ASAC/New Directions.
The dates of the community clinics are as follows at 11 a.m. to noon today at Clinton Community College room, 1000 Lincoln Blvd., Clinton room 130; from 5 to 6 p.m. today at Clinton Community College room, Clinton room 130.
For information, contact Jennifer at ASAC/New Directions at 243-2124 or email email@example.com.
• The Gateway Contemporary Ballet’s first Black and White ball will be held Friday at the Tuscany Special Events Center. The evening starts at 5:30 p.m. with a cocktail hour. A dinner will be held at 6:30 p.m. with dancing at 8 p.m.
A silent auction will be held throughout the event.
• A breakfast with Santa event will be held from 8 to 11 a.m. Saturday at the Ashford University online center on Millcreek Parkway.
Admission is $4 at the door. The meal includes fruit, pancakes, sausage, scrambled eggs, doughnuts and milk. The event includes a picture with Santa, and a visit with Champ, the Ashford mascot, and Christmas elves.
Participants will make a personalized frame for their picture with Santa, write Christmas cards for troops, face painting and free goodies for kids.
For more information, call Betsy Vanausdeln at (877) 241-9893, ext. 7420, or Mick Welding at 243-4223.
• Crafts at the Sawmill Museum at 11 am. Create paper-punched cards. Crafts are skilled for school-age children; younger children will need adult assistance.
• Big Brothers Big Sisters will host a dueling pianos event from 6 to 10 p.m. Saturday at Rastrelli’s Tuscany room. Social hour will be at 6 p.m. and the program will last from 7 to 10 p.m. Tickets are $50 per person.
For more information, call 243-4223 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.