• The Clintonish Knitters meet from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. every Thursday and from 9 a.m. to noon every Saturday at St. Paul Lutheran Church.
Enter the east entrance from the parking lot and go upstairs, follow the signs.
• The Whiteside Forum will present "Think Global, Act Local: Agriculture" at 6:30 p.m. in the program room of the Odell Public Library with guest speaker Don Beswick of Morrison, Ill.
He is an officer at Community State Bank, Fulton branch, as vice president of Ag and Commercial Lending, owns two businesses, and grew up on the farm. Along with his wife Peggy, Don owns and operates "Bes-Wick Homebuilders Ltd." building agriculture, commercial and residential buildings, and also "Appraisal Options" Iowa and Illinois licensed appraisers of residential, ag, commercial, special and condemnation properties.
For more information, contact Marc Adami at (815) 772-4949 or email email@example.com.
• Snowman Fun will be presented at 10 a.m. Friday at the Felix Adler Children’s Discovery Center.
Children will make a snowman and may make snow. This will be part of Fun Time Friday, a program designed for the learning and developmental needs of preschoolers and toddlers. Children attend with a parent, grandparent, or caregiver on a drop-in basis without pre-registration.
Regular daily admission is free for members, $4 for ages 2 to 64, $3 for ages 65 and older, and free for ages 1 and younger.
The Children’s Discovery Center is open from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Wednesdays through Saturdays, and from 12:30 to 4:30 p.m. Sundays. For more information on hours or programming, contact the Children’s Discovery Center at 243-3600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Fulton Fire Department’s annual soup supper will be from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. at 1802 16th Ave. Choices include chili, split pea, oyster, vegetable beef and chicken noodle and a variety of desserts.
Donations will be accepted.
• Stewards of the Upper Mississippi River Refuge will host a bald eagle viewing trip. The group will leave the Ingersoll Wetlands Learning Center at 8 a.m. and travel to various locations along the Upper Mississippi River National Wildlife and Fish Refuge, returning by noon.
There is no fee, but seating is limited. Register by sending an email to email@example.com or calling the center at (815) 273-2732.
The center is located at 7071 Riverview Road, Thomson, Ill.
• Linda Boardsen will visit the Felix Adler Children’s Discovery Center at 10 a.m. She is a local resident and member of the Quad-City Audubon Society.
The program will identify different area birds and make bird feeders.