• Bluff Elementary School will hold its second annual trivia night at Bluff School.
Doors open at 5:30 p.m. and trivia starts at 6 p.m. Proceeds from the fundraiser benefit the Playground Improvement fund. Cost is $10 per person and teams need to have six to eight players.
Registration forms are available at Bluff School, at the door or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The YWCA will host a “Flavors of Tuscany” cooking class from 12:30 to 2 p.m. in the YWCA Colonial Room.
Rastrelli’s chefs Mike Rastrelli and Bill Michaelson will teach participants how to create a Tuscan meal. The menu includes a Tuscan pasta dish, salad and tiramisu. Rastrelli also will teach participants about the history of Tuscany and his restaurant Rastrelli’s.
There is no cost to attend but participants must sign up at the front desk of the YWCA. All ingredients will be provided by Rastrelli’s.
For more information on this and other upcoming events, visit the Events page at www.ywcaclinton.org or call YWCA Senior Services Coordinator Jeanne McKenzie at 242-2110, ext. 301.
• Genealogy Day will be held from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Root Cellar at the Clinton Public Library. A $5 donation includes lunch, materials and cherry pie with ice cream.
For reservations, call 242-0840.
• All About Owls will be held at 4 p.m. at Rock Creek Marina and Campground, 5 miles southwest of Camanche off US 67.
There will be an owl craft, presentation with two live owls and an owl-calling session.
• Junior Achievement trivia night will be held at Springbrook Country Club in DeWitt.
Doors open at 6 p.m. with buffet and cash bar available. Trivia starts at 7 p.m. Cost per table of eight is $80.
There will be a 50/50 raffle and cash prizes. To reserve a table, contact JoElla O'Connell at (563) 212-9969 or email email@example.com.
• The Clinton Symphony Orchestra will present a concert at 7:30 p.m. Saturday at Morrison High School auditorium.
Clinton High School student Taylor Hicks and West Carroll High School student Benjamin Rogers will be featured as Young Artists during the program.
Full program notes on composers and performers is available on the symphony’s website at www.clintonsymphony.org. Advance tickets are available at Fitzgerald Pharmacy in Morrison, Wagner Pharmacy in Cliinton, and at Grummert's Hardware in Sterling, Ill. Tickets will also be available at the door or the concert. Adult admission is $15.
• Friends of Rock Creek meeting will be at 6 p.m. at the Rock Creek Marina and Campground.
Participants will see how they can contribute to this new group committed to promoting all aspects of the park.