• Hats Off to Clinton is an outdoor art gallery dedicated to the people of Clinton. This is a gallery that can be seen in the windows of businesses along Fifth Avenue South, Second Street and Main Avenue, comprised of more than 240 photographs of people from Clinton and the surrounding area. The photos will be available for viewing through March 11.
• All couples who have been married for more than 40 years are invited to attend a Valentine’s Day meal at 11:30 a.m. in the chapel of Big Meadows Nursing Home, 1000 Longmoor Ave. in Savanna, Ill.
For more information and to RSVP, call (815) 273-2238.
• A Prairie Valentine event will be from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at Our Lady of the Prairie Retreat, 2664 145th Ave., Wheatland. Lunch will be served. Fee is $30 for two.
• The Felix Adler Children’s Discovery Center will host its weekly Fun Time Friday preschool program at 10 a.m.
This week’s program will teach children about brushing teeth in honor of National Dental Month.
Fun Time Friday is a program designed for the learning and developmental needs of preschoolers and toddlers. Children attend with a parent, grandparent, or caregiver on a drop-in basis without pre-registration.
• Our Lady of the Prairie, 2664 145th Ave. in Wheatland, will host a retreat from 7 p.m. Friday to 10 a.m. Sunday.
To register, contact (563) 336-8414 or email email@example.com.
• The annual Great Backyard Bird Count will be from Friday to Monday. Clinton-area residents are encouraged to watch their backyard birds for a minimum of 15 minutes, document the number of birds and their respective species, and record results at www.birdsource.org.
Participants should document only the maximum number of a particular species they see. Linda Boardsen, Quad-City Audubon member, will lead two birding walks Saturday and one birding walk Sunday, specifically to participate in the GBBC.
Locations are as follows: Saturday from 9 to 10 a.m. at Bickelhaupt Arboretum; and 1:30 p.m. Saturday at the Felix Adler Children's Discovery Center. The Sunday event will be from 2 to 3 p.m. at Wide River Winery.
For more information, call Boardsen at (563) 219-344.
• Stewards of the Upper Mississippi River Refuge have seats available for the upcoming bald eagle viewing trips Friday, Feb. 22 and March 1. The group will leave the Ingersoll Wetlands Learning Center at 8 a.m. and travel to various locations along the Upper Mississippi River National Wildlife and Fish Refuge, returning by noon.
There are no fees for the trips, but seating is limited. Register by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the center at (815) 273-2732.
• The Stewards of the Upper Mississippi River Refuge will travel to Lost Mound for a birding adventure Saturday and Feb. 23. Participants are to meet at the Lost Mound office parking lot in Savanna, Ill., at 8 a.m. and will return about 1 p.m.
• The first legislative roundtable hosted by the Rainbird Foundation will begin at 9:30 a.m. at First United Methodist Church, 236 Seventh Ave. South.
The purpose of the roundtable is to educate legislators about issues regarding child abuse in the area.