By Mary Lou Hinrichsen
Herald Staff Writer
The 80th annual 4-H Club Show and Clinton County Fair gets under way here this week. To celebrate the occasion there will be a carnival and free evening grandstand entertainment. Here are some of the events.
* Free admission all day; food drive; Master Gardeners Day.
* Dog show 4 p.m.; beef, horse, swine check in 5 to 8 p.m.; poultry, dairy, rabbit check in 6 to 8 p.m.
* Garden tractor pull, 8 p.m.
* Horse show check in 7 to 7:45 a.m.; poultry show 8 a.m.; goat, sheep, llama and alpaca show, 8 a.m.; halter horse show 8 a.m. followed by Equine Fever Drill Team.
* Board of Supervisors meeting 10 a.m.; barn quilt unveiling 4:45 pm.; Queen/Little Miss, crowning 5 p.m.; Pro Impact Wrestling 7 p.m.
* Market swine show 8 a.m.; rabbit show, 8 a.m.; seed spitting contest, 3 p.m.; Award and Recognition Program, 4 p.m.; fashion show, 4:45 p.m.; Mutton Bustin’, 7 p.m.; bull riding and barrel racing, 8 p.m.
* Bucket/bottle calf show, 8 a.m.; Boots & Britches show, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. (also Sunday); beef heifer show, 10 a.m.,followed by open feeder calf show ; flower/vegetable show exhibits released; “I Milked a Cow,” noon to 2 p.m.; children’s pedal pull, 3 p.m.; Iowa wine testing, 4 to 7 p.m.; dog show, agility, 4 p.m.; antique tractor parade, 5: 30 p.m.; tractor and truck pull, 6 p.m.
* Community church service, 8 a.m.; market steer show, 9 a.m.; performance beef livestock judging; working exhibit; outstanding non-livestock exhibitor. Bill Riley talent show, 2 p.m.; demolition derby, 5 p.m.
Admission will be free for all on Wednesday. Children younger than 8 will be admitted free daily. 4-H and FFA members are admitted free when wearing the designated wristband.
For all others, daily admission fee is $5 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., and $8 from 4 p.m. to closing.
A season pass is available for $15.
The Evans United Carnival will be operating Wednesday through Sunday.