- Top News
Polar vortex may prove to be a powerful pesticide
The deep freeze, with arctic blasts from the polar vortex, has put invasive insects on ice in dozens of states. That includes the emerald ash borer, a pretty bug that does ugly things to ecosystems it invades.
VIDEO: Apple iPhone to become more car-friendly
Apple is teaming up with major car makers to make iPhone applications easier for drivers to use while they're on the road. Apple Inc. is calling the technology, "CarPlay."
VIDEO: Best moments from the 2014 Oscars
We've got the best moments from The Oscars 2014 including Jennifer Lawrence's falls and Brad Pitt photobombing Ellen.
- Film critic to share insight FULTON, Ill. -- A professional film critic will be the featured speaker at a program this week in Fulton. Linda Cook will discuss the subjective art of critiquing film and her love of movies at this week's Wild Winter Wednesday program at 9 a.m. Wedn
- Law enforcement investigating Albany bank robbery ALBANY, Ill. — A man who walked into the First Trust & Savings Bank in Albany and demanded money Friday afternoon is still at large. Albany Police Chief Wyatt Heyvaert said police are working to find the man who stole thousands of dollars from the ba
- Project puts iPads in Fulton schools FULTON, Ill. -- The River Bend Educational Foundation Trustees this year selected the purchase of additional iPads for all three school buildings in the district as its annual project. The foundation, celebrating its 30th anniversary, is designating
- Ashford splits doubleheader in Tuscon TUCSON, Ariz. -- The Ashford University softball team ditched the cold weather and headed west for spring break, opening play at the 2014 Tucson Invitational on Sunday. Ashford 2, Siena Heights 1 Sophomore Nicole Schmidt was dialed in from the first
- St. Thomas More too big, too strong, too fast NORMAL, Ill. -- Sometimes things are not as advertised. Sometimes they don't live up to the hype, or even meet expectations. And sometimes they leave you in astonishment, left with your mouth wide open. Unfortunately for the Prophetstown Lady Prophe
- Two men charged with credit union break-in MORRISON, Ill. -- Two Morrison 18-year-olds are charged with burglary in connection with a break in at a credit union. Colton M. Merema and Alexander "Mart" Wegener are charged with burglary, a Class 2 felony. Merema's bond is set at $75,000. Wegener
- Saints upset by late final run CLINTON -- Ashford wishes it would have finished Saturday's game the way it started. The Saints fell to the Northern New Mexico Eagles 51-48 in the Association of Independent Institutions tournament championship, and a big reason why the No. 23 Sain
- More Top News Headlines
- Polar vortex may prove to be a powerful pesticide