- Top News
UPDATED: School board finalizes new budget, cuts positions
Job cuts in the Clinton School District were made official this week.
Clinton School Board members approved 12 job cuts in February to make up a $907,751 deficit in the fiscal year 2014-15 school district budget. On Monday, the board unanimously approved the final budget, which included the cuts.
- Bubba more than local hero? AUGUSTA, Ga. -- He plays a sexy game of golf, owns two green jackets and -- in what constitutes a show of major respect in these parts --Bubba Watson made rabid Georgia Bulldog fans take a break from spring football to watch some golf this weekend. A
- ...and this is Overkill News Network Enough, already. Please, for the love of Cronkite: Give us a break from the missing plane. Yes, we all wonder what happened to it. Yes, our hearts go out to the families seeking resolution. But really, CNN ... enough. Put your hands up and step away
- Central approves school budget DEWITT -- Four public hearings opened the Central Community School Board meeting last week. There was no input or questions to assist the board in its decision-making on budgets and capital expenditures. An amendment to the current fiscal year budget
- Document shredding offered CLINTON -- A Clinton bank will provide document shredding this weekend. The free service will be held from 9 to 11 a.m. Saturday at Citizens First Bank's office at 1442 Lincoln Way. This is the 10th year the bank has offered this service, Citizens Fi
- Gateway to Octagon CLINTON -- Todd Monaghan isn't the type who most would consider a fighter, but that's exactly what his next mission is. Monaghan, a Clinton native, will compete in Fox Sports 1's latest edition of The Ultimate Fighter, which begins Wednesday at 9 p.m
- Maybe Thibodeau was right not to call race early Derrick Rose was already lost for the season, the Brooklyn Nets were playing like $180 million busts and nobody else looked like a real challenger. So when Miami and Indiana met for the first time on Dec. 10 and the game was hyped as an Eastern Confe
- Clinton hammered in road-trip opener DAYTON, Ohio -- Gloomy skies, gloomy performance. The Clinton LumberKings began a six-game road trip Monday night against the Midwest League Eastern Division-leading Dayton Dragons with a 13-5 loss. The Dragons scored two runs in the first inning and
Fulton council to pursue new park on donated land
FULTON, Ill. -- An unexpected turn of events has offered Fulton leaders something they had been hoping to see in the river city-- a community park in the Third Ward. During a Fulton City Council meeting last week, City Administrator Ed Cannon announc
Steely Dan to play Illinois State Fair
Grammy Award-winning rock band Steely Dan will play this year's Illinois State Fair.
State officials made the announcement on Monday afternoon. They say the band will play its "Jamalot Ever After" tour at the fair on Aug. 15. Steely Dan had a string of hits during the 1970s. They won a Grammy in 2000 for Album of the Year.
- More Top News Headlines
- UPDATED: School board finalizes new budget, cuts positions