- Top News
- World Book Night celebrated April 23 The Clinton Public Library children's department plans to start a Legos club this June. We would appreciate donations of new or used Legos bricks. Please, no Duplo bricks. Drop donations at the children's desk on the second floor of the library. Root
Fulton couple honored as grand marshals
Bob and Trudy Feldt have been dedicated to the city of Fulton for decades. Whether it be Trudy's 27-year commitment to teaching the children of the community at the River Bend School District, Bob's 33-year career with the Fulton-born c
CCDA will match funds to secure van
CLINTON -- One local non-profit organization soon will benefit from a donation from the Clinton County Development Association but it's not their typical form of grant giving. During a meeting Wednesday, CCDA members discussed the possibility of matc
April is Donate Life Month
CLINTON -- The month of April is National Donate Life Month across the United States. Hospitals across the nation, like Mercy Medical Center in Clinton, join to recognize the impact that organ and tissue donations make and to honor the generosity of
- Court to weigh challenge to ban WASHINGTON (AP) -- As political campaigns begin to heat up, the Supreme Court is deciding whether false accusations and mudslinging made during an election can be punished as a crime. Addressing an issue of negative campaigning that now may be a fact
- Communities prep for hunts CLINTON -- Easter weekend is nearly here and two local organizations are calling all children for the hunting event of the year -- Easter egg hunting that is. Both Camanche and Fulton, Ill., will host Easter egg hunts Saturday, each at different time
- CHS Future Business Leaders of America attend conference Thirty members of the Clinton High School Future Business Leaders of America attended their spring leadership conference at the Marriott Coralville from March 26-29. Students attending the conference competed against other Iowa students in state and
- Camanche High School Honor Roll Camanche High School has released its third-quarter honor roll: Freshmen - High Honor Roll 3.5 to 4.0 Cade Borrison, Tristan Connell, Page Edens, David Gonzalez, Hampton Grim, Megan Hoffmann, Brooke Keil, Claire Kiester, Molly Kramer, Ciera Leary, Ca
Davenport officials arrest 4 in child abuse case
Authorities say they have arrested four women in connection to possible child sex abuse and pornography at a Davenport trailer park.
The Scott County Sheriff's Office says the women were taken into custody Wednesday. They are all charged with felony counts of child endangerment.
Authorities: Iowa suspect is longtime fugitive
Authorities say a man being held in Waterloo is a fugitive of more than 40 years from North Carolina.
The Charlotte Observer reports the man was arrested after the Iowa Transportation Department's facial recognition system flagged his driver's license photo. Authorities say they found information in his residence that identified him as 68-year-old Ronald Dwaine Carnes.
- More Top News Headlines