Seven-year-old Max Kaczinski, son of Jason and Molly Kaczinski, gets a water workout with Koko at Riverview Swimming Pool on Tuesday night during the annual Bow Wow Luau.
- Local News
DeWitt approves plat plans
By Janet Huffman Herald Correspondent DEWITT -- The DeWitt City Council approved the preliminary and final plats of Brookline Subdivision at its Monday meeting. Brookline has been in the development process for several years. It is a 2-lot subdivisioContinued ...
- Lyons food program
- Residents brave cold to enjoy Christmas event
- Plant worried about new rules
- Commission recommends approving railport plat
- DeWitt approves plat plans
Area schedule (Dec. 9-14, 2013)
The area high school and college sports schedules for Monday, Dec. 9, through Saturday, Dec. 14Continued ...
- Bench leads Steamers to win
- Boys basketball: Unity improves to 4-0
- Prep wrestling: Steamers earn split
- Girls basketball: Muskies top Queens
- Area schedule (Dec. 9-14, 2013)
Wags and barks speak volumes when talking to dogs
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Wags and barks speak volumes when it comes to understanding what a dog is saying, but there are also clues in a dog's eyes, ears, nose or the tilt of its head. Are humans getting the right messages? Dr. Gary Weitzman, president ofContinued ...
- Fertility doctors aim to lower rate of twin births
- Officer joins Clinton police force
- Contest draws attention to healthy living
- Wags and barks speak volumes when talking to dogs
- National News
- Food & Health
Estrogen cream keeps blood estrogen low
DEAR DR. ROACH: I am a 56-year-old white woman with a medical dilemma that is putting a terrible strain on my marriage. I had a full hysterectomy, which included the removal of my ovaries, four years ago due to many large fibroids. Ever since the surContinued ...
- Restless leg syndrome not a laughing matter
- Elderly can face prolonged delirium post-surgery
- ROACH: Symptoms of collagenous colitis hard to live with
- Mitigating heart risks with statin drugs
- Estrogen cream keeps blood estrogen low
No White House meeting on Medicaid for Branstad
DES MOINES (AP) -- Gov. Terry Branstad is not scheduled to meet with President Barack Obama to discuss Iowa's low income health care proposal. Spokesman Tim Albrecht says Obama and White House officials did not grant Branstad's request for a meetingContinued ...
- McGraw-Hill axes 27 workers in Dubuque
- Des Moines police release details in shooting
- Murder charge filed in death of Orange City girl
- Federal agents search home of former GOP lawmaker
- No White House meeting on Medicaid for Branstad
Governor signs pension overhaul into law
CHICAGO (AP) -- Gov. Pat Quinn signed landmark legislation Thursday to reform Illinois' massively underfunded pension system, though the new law is certain to face threatened lawsuits by labor unions. The overhaul, approved by the General Assembly thContinued ...
- Deere expands share buyback program
- Ill. workers, retirees worry about pensions changes
- Suspicious letter at gov office had baby powder
- Ill. lawmakers briefed on pension deal
- Governor signs pension overhaul into law
CCC honor society collects greeting cards for the troops
CLINTON -- The Clinton Community College Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society has collected nearly 2,000 of holiday and greeting cards for the troops. Members of PTK worked with CCC staff, faculty, students and community members to collect nearly 2,000 cardContinued ...
- Students build toward learning
- Camanche Elementary students give back to community
- Bringing the holiday tradition into the classroom
- River Bend to pursue one percent sales tax question
- CCC honor society collects greeting cards for the troops