CLINTON — The Clinton Fire Department was dispatched to 635 Seventh Ave. South for a report of a house fire at 6:28 p.m. Sunday.

The Clinton Fire Department responded with 11 personnel, one ladder truck, two engines and one ambulance. The first units on scene found smoke showing from the second floor area of a two-story home. All occupants had exited the building.

According to a release by the fire department, the fire was under control in 10 minutes and was contained to the second floor with heavy damage to the kitchen area.

Cause of the fire was found to be heating up cooking oil on the stove which was left unattended. The property was insured, but the two apartments had no renter’s insurance.

Damage was estimated at $20,000 to the structure and $10,000 in contents. The families are being helped by the Red Cross with temporary living arrangements and clothing. No injuries were reported.

The Clinton Fire Department were assisted by the Clinton Police Department, Alliant Energy, Clinton Street Department and the Red Cross.