● Dr. Amareshwar Chiruvella will present “Bariatric Surgery 101” at 5:30 p.m. for people who wonder if bariatric surgery for weight loss is an option for them. The presentation will be in the MercyOne Clinton Medical Center lower-level conference room A, 1410 N. Fourth Street, Clinton.
● The Sisters of St. Francis will host a Social Justice Film Fest at 6:30 p.m. at Human Services Campus, 250 20th Ave. N. in Clinton. “Poverty, Inc.” explores the hidden side of doing good using information from more than 150 interviews over four years in 20 counties.
● Clinton Fire Department will thank Fire Chief Mike Brown for more than 30 years of service during a retirement celebration from 2-4 p.m. Refreshments will be served. The event will be at the City Hall Council Chambers, 611 S. Third St. in Clinton.
● Santa will have breakfast with children from 8-11 a.m. at the Human Services Building, 250 20th Ave. N. in Clinton (the former Horace Mann School). Children may visit with Santa, play games and make a craft in addition to enjoying a breakfast of pancakes, sausage, scrambled eggs, donuts, fresh fruit, juice and milk. Cost is $5 for anyone over the age of 12, $3 for children 3-11 and free for children age 2 or under.
● Santa is coming to Gateway Area Community Center to decorate cookies. From 1-4 p.m. children can writer letters to Santa, decorate cookies and take photos with Mr. and Mrs. Claus. The event is free, and supplies are provided. Volunteers and donations will be appreciated. GACC asks that everyone dress festively. GACC is located at 1850 S. Bluff Blvd. in Clinton.