Man ordered to complete substance abuse program

CLINTON — A Fulton, Illinois, man must enter and successfully complete the King House program for violating the terms of probation.

Bradley D. Bush, 43, appeared Thursday in Clinton County District Court for a probation revocation hearing. Bush stipulated to violating probation and he was found in contempt of court. District Court Judge Mark Lawson, as an additional condition of probation, ordered Bush to enter and successfully complete the King House substance abuse program in Clinton.

Bush was ordered to make restitution for court costs and court-appointed attorney fees not to exceed $150. Bush was ordered to pay jail fees of $10 per day for each day of incarceration. The amounts were ordered to be paid at the rate set by Bush’s probation officer.

Bush in March appeared in Clinton County District Court for sentencing for one count of forgery, a Class D felony. District Court Judge Nancy Tabor ordered a prison sentence of up to five years be suspended. He was placed on probation with the Seventh Judicial District Department of Correctional Services for four years. Conditions of probation included Bush seeking and maintaining verifiable employment, paying all court costs, abstaining from all controlled substances, becoming enrolled in an in-patient substance abuse treatment program within 60 days, complying with any recommended treatment and submitting to random drug testing.

According to the affidavit from the original forgery charge, at 6:40 a.m. April 15, 2017, an officer was dispatched for a burglary complaint. The officer made contact with the victim, who stated he left his locked residence around 1 p.m. April 14, 2017. The victim returned home from work and found that someone had damaged the front interior door and entered the residence. The suspect or suspects took a television and a laptop from the front room. The suspect also took a checkbook.

The affidavit continues that at 11:37 p.m. April 18, 2017, an officer was dispatched to U.S. Bank, 2300 N. Third St., for a possible forged check. A bank employee told police that Bush had been at the drive-up window attempting to cash a check for $14,300. The check was written out to Bush.

The employee questioned Bush about the check. Bush said the check was from the victim and was given to him two days prior. The employee called the victim to verify he had given the check to Bush. The victim told the employee he never wrote the check and did not know Bush. The employee was able to get a copy of Bush’s drivers license, kept the check and got Bush’s license plate number prior to Bush leaving the bank.