CLINTON — Twenty-four applicants from all over Clinton County have been chosen as recipients of this year's round of Clinton County Development Association Fund B grants.
The total amount awarded was $500,546.17.
"I would just add that it was again discouraging to not be able to fund every grant at 100 percent of what they requested," Director Les Shields said, adding he doesn't feel that's going to happen in the foreseeable future. "I wish we had more money to give away."
Shields, however, noted the board does do a lot for what he called life-safety concerns. He is happy with funding the board was able to give.
When applying for a Fund B grant, an applicant can request up to $75,000 of the total $500,000 pool. The CCDA requires that applicants be located in Clinton County, eligible to receive tax exemptions and be in good standing via the revenue code and IRS; and the organization or project must not discriminate.
The organizations selected by the CCDA Board of Directors are:
- Clinton School District's Education Foundation, electronics in the middle school, $31,987.
- Camanche Fire Department, personal protective equipment, $58,047.
- City of Wheatland, an air pack for the Wheatland Fire Department, $60,506.
- Clinton County Agricultural Society, renovations to the horse arena, $26,117.
- Clinton Fine Arts Association, Inc., new sound system for the high school marching band, $12,944.
- Clinton Jaycees Foundation, Symphony of Lights synchronized, animated panel tree, $10,643.
- Clinton Kiwanis Foundation, Fall Festival (also listed in the project are Jaycees, Sawmill, Lyons), $8,781.
- Clinton Substance Abuse Council, increased awareness and safety for Hidden in Plain Sight, $4,331.
- Clinton Symphony Orchestra Association, June 2018 Clinton Symphony Pops Concert, $1,380.
- Curtis Mansion Historical Foundation, ADA lift project, $6,683.
- Delmar Volunteer Fire Department, defibrillator replacement, $16,125.
- Downtown Clinton Alliance, master plan with economic development and property, $43,500.
- Eagle Point Nature Society, Nature Barn roof project, $5,780.
- Felix Adler Children's Discovery Center, 2018 Festival enhancements, expansion and marketing, $3,697.
- Grand Mound Volunteer Fire Department, department property expansion project, $43,500.
- Grand Mound Volunteer Fire Department, together with the Clinton County Fireworks Association, funds for the 2018 Independence Day firework display, $9,161.
- Information, Referral and Assistance Services, Backpack Buddy program, $1,500.
- Kids First Academy, building improvement project, $35,993.
- Low Moor Volunteer Fire Department, brush truck funds, $44,279.
- Lyons District Foundation, funding for the Lyons Winter Festival and Christmas Walk, $3,184.
- Midwest Lumber Museum/Sawmill Museum, exhibit activities, $20,003.
- River City Municipal Band, 2018 stipend for the conductor, $375.
- River King and Queen Boosters, Clinton High concession stand improvements, $8,492.
- YWCA Clinton, for healthy community enhancements, $43,500.