DEWITT — The summer 2019 version of the DeWitt Chamber & Development Company’s Look Local First shopping initiative will begin June 18.
It’s the next season in the program introduced by the DCDC in 2016. Since then, the program has encouraged shoppers to spend $2.84 million at local businesses.
The LLF campaign supplies shoppers with punch cards that, when filled out, can be turned to the DCDC for a weekly random prize drawing. Since November 2016, 13,265 LLF cards have been turned in.
Last summer, 898 punch cards were returned. Over the past holiday season, 827 cards were returned and $165,000 was spent locally through the campaign.
The cards feature a list of businesses to patronize. Once the punch cards are full, users can drop them off at the DCDC office, Randy’s Neighborhood Market, or Scott Drug Store.
This summer, winners will be drawn every Tuesday in a live broadcast on the DCDC’s Facebook page. The weekly drawings will take place at local businesses. The first of those drawings will be June 18.
Grand prize packages, which will include gift cards and items from participating DCDC member businesses, will be dished out to multiple winners at the contest’s conclusion Aug. 13.
In other DCDC news, voting is open for the organization’s sixth annual Member’s Choice Awards, which will be given at the annual Year in Review Meeting on June 27.
Visit www.dewittiowa.org to cast a vote before the June 14 deadline.
The nominees are:
– Excellence in Social Media: Emma Rae’s Antiques and Uniques; 21 Chop House, Murphy’s Pub and Bickering Brother’s Brewery, DeWitt Operahouse Theater, Sun Central Tanning Salon & Wellness, Urbanity Boutique & Urbanity Coffee and Wine House.
– Excellence in Customer Service: Cram Chiropractic, DeWitt Bank & Trust, Emma Rae’s, Kwik Star, Rock Valley Physical Therapy, Sun Central
– Most Promising New Business: 21 Chop House, Bickering Brother’s Brewery, Butt’s Meat Market, DJB Creations, My Vital Force Wellness, Smilee’s Ice Cream & More
– Non-Profit of the Year: DeWitt Community Hospital Foundation, DeWitt Nite Lions, DeWitt Noon Lions, Emmaus Road Church, Lincolnway Community Foundation, Paul Skeffington Memorial Race
– Business of the Year: Butt’s Meat Market, Cram Chiropractic, DeWitt Bank & Trust, Kwik Star, DeWitt Operahouse, Rock Valley Physical Therapy.