Fire department called to electrical fire Saturday

CLINTON —The Clinton Fire Department extinguished a small fire at 1914 N. Sixth St. in Clinton Saturday morning.

Firefighters were called to the 1-1/2 story home just before 11 a.m. and, upon arrival, reported light smoke coming from the roof eave in the rear of the home. They also saw light smoke in the interior of the home, Clinton Fire said in a press release Saturday.

A small fire burned in the first floor wall between the living room and the kitchen area and was extinguished in a matter of minutes, CFD said. Firefighters were on the scene for about two hours.

The occupants were at home at the time; smoke detecters alerted them to the fire. No injuries were reported.

The home sustained about $15,000 in damage and is fully insured, CFD said. The cause of the fire is most likely an electrical problem in the wall of the structure.

According to county records, the property is owned by Shirley Rockwell.