LANARK, Ill. — The Transformers Team is cooking up Lanark’s fourth annual Jingle Fest on Nov. 24, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. They’ve added some new ingredients to this old-fashioned Christmas celebration.
- New this year is "A Taste of Holiday Treats." Sample local bakers’ delicacies and choose your favorite at the Valentine Building, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Shop various vendors featuring gifts, décor and more at the Heritage Center, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Take the kids for photos and treats with Santa at the Information Center, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Enjoy strolling carolers downtown at the Information Center, Valentine Building, and Heritage Center, 11 a.m. to noon.
- Make and take a Christmas craft, check out Christmas books and DVDs, and choose a gift of local history with a special offer on 150th books and DVDs at the Lanark Public Library, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Spread the spirit of Christmas and donate to the Shannon/Lanark Food Pantry at the Lanark Public Library.
- Shop Small Saturday. Support your local businesses. Use your Shop Lanark Card and enjoy specials and discounts.
Attendees also can celebrate Family Reading Saturday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. during Jingle Fest at the Lanark Public Library.
After visiting Santa, children can enjoy a make-and-take craft, and the whole family can make selections from holiday-themed displays of craft books, novels, children’s books and DVDs.
Also available is a cart of books purchased through a Back to Books grant with the theme “Reading Helps Me Remember.” Research shows leisure reading can be therapeutic, helping seniors recall past experiences, travels and family events that parallel a book’s events.