SAVANNA, Ill. — MacLean-Fogg, a family-owned company, was founded in 1925 with headquarters in Mundelein, Illinois. In 1976, the MacLean family built its first plant (Metform) in Carroll County, Illinois.
Metform grew into four facilities in Savanna, Thomson, and Mount Carroll, with close to 500 employees. In addition to employment opportunities, Metform has supported local schools and community in many ways.
Each year, the MacLean family awards college scholarships to graduating seniors who are pursuing a career in either engineering or a business-related field and have been accepted by an accredited four-year college of his or her choice. The scholarship winners have demonstrated a good work ethic and leadership skills in both the classroom and extracurricular activities.
In addition to money toward tuition, the scholarship offers an opportunity to work at Metform during summers and breaks.
This summer, the company also has provided opportunities for several student interns to work at Metform to develop their skill sets as they pursue their educational goals.
This year's scholarship winners are:
- Jenna Alstead, who will attend Iowa State University. She is leaning toward Mechanical Engineering.
- Clayton Holesinger, who will attend Western Illinois University, majoring in Mechanical Engineering.
- Madison Meek will attend the University of Iowa, and will major in Chemical Engineering.
- Mitch Glazier, who is attending the University of Iowa, is majoring in Mechanical Engineering. This is his second year as a scholarship recipient.
- Bailey Durward, who is attend the University of Illinois, and is majoring in Accounting. This is her third year as a scholarship recipient.
Metform's 2019 summer interns
- Nathan Brehm is attending the University of Platteville Wisconsin, majoring in Mechanical Engineering.
- Nate Cebula is attending the University of Platteville Wisconsin, majoring in Mechanical Engineering.
- Travis Hughes will attend the University of Platteville Wisconsin, and major in Mechanical Engineering.
- Jenna McGinnis will be transferring to Western Illinois University.
- Rachel Rojas is attending Illinois State University, majoring in Human Resources.