1893 – Mount St. Clare Academy (Boarding school for girls) opened.
1911 – St. Clare Hall, the main building, is built, but elevator not installed until 1947.
1918 – Mount St. Clare Junior College for Women, an outgrowth of Mount St. Clare Academy, was chartered by the state of Iowa on Sept. 22, 1918.
1930 – First formal commencement ceremony.
1950 – Accreditation granted from North Central Association for Colleges.
1956 – Basement to fourth floor of Mount St. Clare Convent built (Regis Hall). Floors five and six are added in 1965.
1958 – Library built and dedicated.
1958 – St. Francis Auditorium and gymnasium built and dedicated.
1962 – Durham Hall (residence hall) built and dedicated.
1965 – Science building built and dedicated.
1967 – College becomes co-ed when 13 male students enroll.
1972 – Male students begin living on campus.
1979 – North Central approval granted for Baccalaureate degree in business administration.
1980 – Mount St. Clare Academy merges with St. Mary’s High School to form Mater Dei High School, now known as Prince of Peace Catholic School.
1981 – First Baccalaureate degree conferred at May commencement ceremony (work completed in December 1979).
1989 – Flavian Academic Support Center dedicated and named after Sister Flavia Launderville.
1995 – Peace Garden dedicated on campus.
1997 – Sisters of St. Francis move from campus to newly built Motherhouse, The Canticle.
1998 – Durgin Educational Center completed.
2002 – College is renamed The Franciscan University.
2002 – College begins to offer an online Master’s program.
2002 – Art gallery named the Cortona Gallery after Sister Cortona Pehlan, a devoted patron of the arts and former President of Mount St. Clare College and the Sisters of St. Francis.
2004 – College renamed The Franciscan University of the Prairies.
2004 – Conferred first Master’s degrees.
2005 – Little Theatre renamed Mullany Theatre in honor of Sister Hilary Mullany.
2005 – University is sold to Bridgepoint Education.