– The American Queen will visit Clinton from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., docking near Candlelight Inn and Riverview Drive. Volunteers from Clinton and Fulton will greet passengers who will spend the day touring points of interest in the two communities. The public will not be permitted to board the American Queen but can view the vessel from shore.
– Lyon's Tap, Air Control, Inc., Clinton Engineering and First Central State Bank will host the Clinton Area Chamber of Commerce Biz After 5 from 5-7 p.m. at Lyon's Tap, 224 Main Ave. in Clinton. Food, drinks and a fishbowl drawing with accompany socializing and networking.
– Shiner’s Run will host an acoustic jam session at Wierenga’s Heritage Canyon from 6:30 to 8 p.m. The Jam is free of charge and open to all ages and musical ability levels. Singers and players of acoustic instruments of all kinds are welcome. Visitors should bring their own lawn chairs and refreshments. Pickers can set up starting at 6 p.m. For more information, call Jim Perron at 563-357-3314.
– "Shout! The Mod Musical" opens at Clinton Area Showboat Theatre on Riverview Drive in Clinton at 7:30 p.m. The female cast performs music from the 1960s including "To Sir With Love," Downtown," and "These Boots are Made for Walking." The musical is rated PG 13 for adult content and innuendo.Call the box office at 563-242-6760 for ticket information.
– Timber Lake Playhouse in Mt. Carroll, Illinois will present "Man of La Mancha" at 7:30 p.m. The musical adaptation of the classic Miguel de Cervantes novel "Don Quixote" depicts the imprisoned author convincing his fellow inmates to enact the story of his novel. Visit http://www.timberlakeplayhouse.org/ to purchase tickets.