Home Base Iowa is a program designed to connect veterans and transitioning service members with Clinton County-based employers. It’s estimated that 200,000 men and women transition out of active duty service each year. These individuals are trained using state-of-the-art technology, come equipped with unmatched problem-solving skills, and promote leadership and team development within the workplace.
Following the receipt of our official Home Base Iowa designation by former Governor Terry Branstad in 2016, Clinton County developed a list of benefits to be leveraged to attract these professionals into Clinton County.
Veterans relocating to Clinton County on or after Dec. 23, 2016, are eligible to receive the following benefits:
– One-time home purchase closing cost reimbursement of $1,500 for a home located in Clinton County.
– Reimbursement of expenses up to $275 per visit to interview with a business in Clinton County.
– A first-year waiver of the Clinton County Business License Fee for a veteran opening a business.
A veteran applying for the home closing cost reimbursement must present proof of home purchase (i.e. Closing Disclosure or Purchase Agreement), and the home must have been purchased within one year of your date of arrival.
The City of Clinton, in support of the Home Base Iowa Program, voted to approve benefits issued to those veterans living within the city limits.
City of Clinton benefits include:
– Free garbage, recycling and yard waste fees for one year up to $211.80.
– Sewer $250 Credit upon move in and signing up for sewer bill.
– Building permit fee waiver up to $250 on building permit fees for new homes or remodels, including fences, pools and accessory structures.
– A Parks and Recreation $100 credit upon move-in toward any Parks and Recreation program administered by the City of Clinton to be used by veterans or their immediate family members. (Must register for programs in person).
– One free pet license.
– In-home smoke detector inspection and free smoke detector installation.
– 20 general admission tickets for any LumberKing baseball home games.
Veterans must apply for these benefits within one year from their date of arrival and must be able to present a DD 214 or Certificate of Release/Discharge from Active Duty at the time of application. All veterans interested in applying for the incentives listed above shall take their appropriate paperwork to the Clinton County Auditor’s Office at 1900 N. Third St., Clinton.
We ask the citizens of Clinton to help us spread the word! Our mission is to provide veterans, transitioning service members, and their families with opportunities and benefits for a successful transition into Clinton.
For more information on Home Base Iowa, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or (563) 242-4536. Learn more about HBI on our website at www.clintondevelopment.com/home-base-iowa/ or on our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/homebaseiowaclinton
Existing Industry Manager, Clinton Regional Development Corp.