United Way of Clinton County, Iowa recently held its Fork Some Pork fundraiser at the Clysar Pavilion. Nearly 1,000 delivery orders were placed for the fundraiser, in addition to the over 100 tickets that were sold at the door. A net profit of approximately $7,500 was made, all of which will go to United Way’s funded agencies serving Camanche, Clinton, DeWitt and the surrounding area.
We would like to recognize and thank the many people and businesses that help us to prepare and run this event. They include:
- Clysar for hosting the event.
- The LyondellBasell, Clinton National Bank, and Clysar volunteers for their time to prepare the meat, the “special recipe” beans, and other tasks needed to make the event a success.
- Camanche Fire Department for the use of their grill.
- Preston Locker for ordering the pork.
- The Clinton County Sheriff’s Department for all their support.
- Colony Brands for the boxes for delivery orders.
- The Alverno Healthcare Facility for the delicious cookies.
- Ascentra Credit Union and Kwik Star for their financial contribution.
- Exelon Corporation for their financial contribution and employee volunteer support.
- Fareway for their generous discount on supplies.
- Skyline Center and LyondellBasell for the use of their roasters.
- Zirkelbach Home Appliances for the ice.
- Jewel-Osco for grocery bags.
- The Sterling Federal Bank employees who helped set up for the barbecue in record time.
- The United Way Board of Trustees, Campaign, and CRC Committee Members and Partner Agencies that help with all aspects of the event
- All the other volunteers and anyone who purchased meals.
This event would not be possible without the help of the generous volunteers. Fork Some Pork is completely volunteer-led. with all proceeds staying in our Clinton communities.
Again, thanks to everyone who helps make this a successful event and to the community for their support!
Anita Dalton, 2018 President, United Way Board of Trustees
Gary Delacy, 2018 United Way Campaign Chairman