MORRISON, Ill. – The No. 6 Morrison football team’s defense had only allowed 22 points through the first five games of the season.

They walked away from their Week 6 contest with another shutout win, keeping their total points allowed at a microscopic 22.

Their homecoming victory came against a winless Bureau Valley, who the Mustangs shutout for a 42-0 victory to stay undefeated so far this season.

The Mustangs, who propelled into the Illinois Class 1A state rankings this week after a big upset win over Newman Catholic, wasted no time on Friday night getting things started.

They held the Storm to just 20 yards on their first drive, with Morrison starting their first drive on their own 31-yard line. After a quick run by Riley Wilkens, Nathan Helms found Keegan Anderson for a 24-yard pass play to put the Mustangs within 11 yards of the goal line.

After some patience on offense, Anderson completed a 7-yard run and Wilken topped off the 2-point conversion to take the 8-0 lead.

It escalated from there. Almost immediately after scoring, Keegan Anderson jumped in front of a Bureau Valley pass attempt and ran 75 yards back to score his second touchdown of the night with 3:40 left to play in the quarter.

Helms looked for a pass on the conversion attempt and ran the ball in himself for the 16-0 lead.

On the kickoff return, the Mustangs’ aggressive defense forced a fumble, jumping on the ball for possession again, this time on the 25-yard line.

Hunter Newman and Riley Wilkens both had yards on the series, eventually moving to the 1-yard line. Wilkens punched it in from there, scoring at 2:23 and then running it himself for the 2-point conversion once more.

The Mustangs scored their first 24 points within two minutes at the end of the quarter and never looked back.

In fact, their only flaw of the first half was a Helms interception, which put the Storm in Mustang territory for the first time of the game. Other than that, the Morrison defense held the Storm to under 20 yards gained through the first 24 minutes.

The final score of the first half came off of another Riley Wilkens run after a long drive. Wilkens moved the ball 27 yards for his second touchdown of the night, and this conversion was topped off by Jevin Smith.

Ryan Kennedy kicked a field goal with just three and a half minutes into the third quarter to take the 35-0 lead and Helms found Kolten Sage 40 seconds into the fourth quarter to top off the scoring.

The Mustangs improve to 6-0 on the season along with undefeated in the Rock Division. They go on the road next week, taking a short trip to Erie-Prophetstown to take on the 2-4 Panthers. They then play Rockridge on the road before returning home for the regular season finale against Orion.